An NME poll has revealed that Nirvana‘s 1992 Reading Festival performance was their best moment.
The poll, which coincides with what would have been Kurt Cobain’s 40th birthday, saw the festival set feature at the top spot, just above their MTV Unplugged set and Smells Like Teen Spirit.
Other events which made the top 10 include the band singing the wrong words to a song on Top Of The Pops and the band’s performance on the legendary TV show The Word.
The full top 10 is:
1. Reading Festival 1992
2. MTV Unplugged
3. ‘Smells Like Teen Spirit’
4. Singing the wrong words on ‘Top Of The Pops’
5. ‘Nevermind’ knocking Michael Jackson off the top of the US charts
6. The band’s performance on ‘The Word’
7. The ‘Nevermind’ album cover
8. ‘Come As You Are’
9. Starting a food fight and getting thrown out of the ‘Nevermind’ launch party
10. Pretending to be Madonna’s representatives and crank calling The Lemonheads